Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I have not forgotten about you...

It has been super busy since the semester has started! Once the first week of classes, came around I got swept away with it and it snowballed from there. Not saying that me being busy is a bad thing, it's actually a good thing.

New semester, leads to new beginnings. I got a new job this September and that has been working out well, it is something new for me. I never have served before, so taking up an serving job has been an adventure. I love it, I love the fact I am learning something new, and getting new work experience in my resume.

This serving job has not been the only job I have started once this semester had started: I have started writing for the school's paper. It has been a fun experience getting my toes wet into the career path I want to go into. It has been an fast here, I have my own sports commentary column that is in the works right now, hopefully the first piece will be ending up in this next upcoming issue that is coming out next week. I also became one of the sports editors for the paper, so this all has been all really exciting. I have gotten two articles published in last weeks issue, these where my first ever newspaper articles, so I feel really proud of them! I love writing these articles, they are fun to write. I am glad to be pursuing this career path, I like being right in the middle of it all when a story breaks.

My classes are going well, I am enjoying those. I am taking four this semester. They are trickier than they look on paper when I was picking them out. Well mostly the British Lit and the Intro to Philosophy one. I thought the African History class was going to be hard, it actually not. It is all actually very interesting! I enjoy it, I am learning new things about the continent of Africa, I am thinking about taking more classes that involve African history. I am also starting to get my feet wet in the major I want to transfer into, journalism and communications so I am taking an intro class to that, it's really fun. Just learning about anything to movies, television, newspapers, social media, and magazines; basically everything that involves media. These classes are something I find interesting, so some of these are being hard and tough, it's worth it because I love them!

I haven't gotten a chance to go to very many hockey games yet this year, since I have been busy with my two new jobs. But I did find a time to go to my first Madison Capitols game, it was a fun experience! That day was their Pucks and Paws night. So everyone who had a dog, got to bring their dog to the hockey game. It was a very cute idea. I think hockey games are much better with dogs, well the ones that are not that too crowded, and every seat in the arena has someone in it. It was a good thing to do at this game, because there where not very many people in the audience during it. I enjoyed it, not sure how the dogs enjoyed it? Due to the fact they are not used to the sounding of the buzzer when someone scores, or someone getting chucked up against the boards. I am planning on seeing more hockey games over winter break, planning on going to watch some Men's and Women's Badger Hockey too, along with some more Madison Capitols games. Planning on venturing to my first NHL game too, I am thinking of venturing my way up to a Minnesota Wild game one of these days over break, or Spring Break.

At the Madison Capitols game. The Caps won 3-2!

No comments:

Post a Comment