Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Adventure Starts Here

Why it does! I am starting this blog to get started on my career as a sports journalist or just a straight out journalist for now. Anyways it doesn't matter doesn't it? I sure, hope not. I am just starting to get this journalist career of mine moving and shaking.

Why sports journalism you ask? Well, I always had a big thing for sports. I enjoy watching them and also participating in them. There is something about sports that just take my mind off of things in my life. Sports cheer me up when I am down.

What kind of sports am I interested in? Well, I like to go skiing, go on a run, play ultimate frisbee, soccer, tennis, and softball. I am also interested in trying out new sports as well. I enjoy watching sports as well: football, basketball, hockey, baseball, swimming, bobsledding, downhill skiing, and whatever else you can find on the Olympics. I not only just watch sports on television I am an avid Badger hockey goer. I love going to watch hockey games in person. There is something about just hearing the puck hit someone's stick then, the puck hitting a crossbar or one of the posts on the goal, then the skates on the ice either in motion or stopping. Just being at the rink makes this girl a super happy one.

But, this blog is not only just for sports. It's also about the adventures I been on and planning on going on. I hopefully will got to these places I do want to visit and will be able to share my adventures during my visit with you all. I am a big traveler too. I like seeing the world. We are just here for a short amount of time, right? So why not go off and enjoy as much of it as we can while we are here. I think that is one of the main reasons we where put on this planet, to make it a better place and explore it. Exploring is one way to open up your eyes to the world.

This blog is not going just to be about sports and traveling. It will have everything else in there between.

I bet you are wondering where I got the title to the blog. Well, I felt it appropriate due to the fact it came from Herb Brooks where he was giving the USA 1980 Olympic hockey team a pregame speech before the famous Miracle on Ice game. He was telling the players their moment has come to take on and beat the best hockey team in the world at that time, the Soviet Union team. I saw it fitting because I feel like it's my time to break out of my shell and start my career and maybe create my own little miracles. This moment is yours, speaks to me on so many levels.

I would also like to thank Darci for helping me out with this idea with a blog. She's one of the most amazing-ist friends I could ever ask for. She also has created herself a blog to follow along with her Olympic career dream, I feel in love with her blog and found her journey inspiring. Darci, keep on what you are doing, you got this girl. :)

So, I guess now it's time to get this journey of mine started. So who wants to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment